Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I knew you would be there

Sky was dark,

Without a ray.

Earth so big

like a directionless walkway.



Quivering with fear

I stepped ahead.

The road was bare,

I felt so unaided

to step back.



I stood still

In the middle of puzzle.

Wrapped in my own arms,

eyes wide open,

I looked nowhere.


Air became moist

As I blinked,

a droplet came down,

kissing my cheeks.



Suddenly the little drop stopped.

It was a pearl

Quiescent on a soft hand.



As I looked up,

I saw a smile.

"I knew you would be there...always".



Again sheathed in arms,

with a hug this time.

We walked the road,

to a new creation.


To a new Bearing...

PS- This was the first poem I posted on my long abandoned blog - Merry Subdued Happiness way back in August 2009. Posting it here again in response to IndiSpire Prompt

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jitender - I hope i spelled your name correctly...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes Matheikal, I do not remember the thoughts that were running in my mind and heart when I wrote this..

      Delete
  3. You have spelled my name correctly only Amita Ji though I spell it as Jitendra. And thanks to you too. This poem of yours is a real gem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pearl and love - both are great to find!
    Happy Diwali :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Anita... Hope you had a great Diwali too..:D

      Delete