Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Friday, February 5, 2016

When I Met Myself

Disclaimer: All the incidents except my and my BFF's name are purely fictional.

"Baby ka hai b'day bash..."

The song was on its high when I went for a small break from my own birthday party to use the wash-room. As I came out and washed my hands, I had a look at my face and was satisfied with my orange neon lipstick and sleek straight hair falling on my waist line. I smiled at myself and turned back to join the gang. I had barely touch the door handle when I realised that my hair were not straightened - I had not even combed them to keep the natural long curls in shape! I looked back in the mirror and there I was - still standing with those straight hair and neon orange lips.

"What the hell?"

"What happened to my hair?"

"And my lips! Did I had any orange drink?"

"Well, may be...".

I moved my hands to touch my face but could not see them moving in the mirror.  Before I was frightened more, my own voice echoed from behind and greeted me.



"Hey there! Surprised?"

I turned back and saw my own self looking straight into my eyes with a broad smile.

"Oh no! I drank more than enough. Monu Daaarrrllling! Yaar, please tu mat le ab aur, and ghar pe sambhal lio" (Dear, please do not drink any more and take care of the scene at home)", I shouted at the top of my voice.

My soul or mirror image or whatever it was, did not move a bit and was constantly smiling. This made me freak more and I tried to flee from the wash-room. Alas, I stopped myself again with the hands that were not mine. It was too much to digest. I had to take this up. I finally asked myself.

"Excuse me! Do I know you? I mean, You look exactly like me! Are you real? Am I really that drunk? Am I in sleep? And your voice, It sounds like my own. How did you do that? Great talent boss. Have you seen my cousin? Could you please help me find her? Well, she also looks like me. But not as you look like me...".

I could not stop speaking when I hugged myself tight and kissed my own forehead.

"I am your own sister. Yes, we are twins! I have no idea why our family never told you about us and why was I not brought up with you. But the truth is that we are true soul sisters - The Twins.".

I was talking to myself my best friend opened the door and screamed - "Gudiya! Behen, we must stop the party now!"

We went back home and still wonder if we were really that happy or we met "Me"!

Disclaimer: All the incidents except my and my BFF's name are purely fictional.

3 comments:

  1. Horror and intrigue... Nicely penned dear... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why the hell I didnt read this before!! :-D Did you have any dream around this?

    ReplyDelete