Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

M is for Mother


Agree or not, motherhood is one feeling which is considered natural to women. Most of the females I have mentioned or would be writing about were or are mothers.
Is it a profession? Well, yes and no. No, because it’s a feeling and choice. Yes because, we have millions of mothers around us who left everything starting from their fun, career, lives to their kids.
A post on mother can never be completed. I can go on and on writing about her. Below are three extraordinary mothers without whom, I could not finish this post:

Savitribai Phule
I so want to thank my luck as I know about this woman. The very reason I am currently reading g and writing or probably every Indian girl is reading and writing is the because of the Mother Of Modern Girls’ Education – Savitribau Phule.
19th century had major misconception about the education of girl child. She along with her husband founded the first women's school at Bhide Wada in Pune in 1848.
She even adopted a son who went on to become a doctor and helped his mother all the good work she did. The mother son duo opened a clinic to treat those affected by the worldwide Third Pandemic of the bubonic plague when it appeared in the area around Pune in 1897. They made sure to open the clinic near Pune, but out of the city in an area free of infection. Savitribai personally took patients to the clinic where her son treated them. She herself got infected while taking care of pateints and died of same on 10 March 1997.

Image and information sources:

Sushmita Sen
Most famous for her Miss Universe 1994 title – first Indian to get the crown home and now an a Bollywood actress, there is another thing I admire this tall dusky lady. The title itself was a shock to world similar to her Miss India title against Aishwarya Rai. The bold and beautiful lady gave one of the best answers I have ever heard to the question and its synonyms – “What is the essence of a woman? She very proudly replied: "Just being a woman is God's gift". Then came the clincher: "The origin of a child is a mother, a woman. She shows a man what sharing, caring, and loving is all about. That is the essence of a woman.
Image Source
Image Source

Sticking to her words, she made history when she adopted a baby girl named Renne in 2000 as a single woman. She extended her family by adopting another three month old girl and gave the beautiful name Alisah to her.

My Mom
Yes, while I am writing about mothers, I cannot skip my momma. Like every other girl, I realized her importance in my life when I went away from her – my marriage. Today, she is my best friend with who knows all (ok! Not the ones I had in college;)) my secrets.
This is for you Mom – My Golden Mother and Knitting The Memories.

Myself

All said and done, I hope my kid would love me as selflessly as he does now forever.

This post is written as a part of April 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme for this year is Women In A to Z Professions. Click at the link to check other professions women have excelled in and their respective links.

No comments:

Post a Comment