Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling


Book Title:- Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone
Author:- J. K. Rowling


Chances are rare that anyone has not heard about the "Harry Potter Series". 'Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone' was the first among this series by J. K. Rowling. I had read this book few years back and read it again because I wanted to read the whole series now. It's the fantasy fiction of an orphan Harry Potter who is very shy and lives a low key  life with his aunt Petunia and uncle Vernon and fat cousin Dudley. His life takes a new turn when he is suddenly exposed to facts about his life that are hard to digest for any normal person. He is a wizard! His parents are almost worshipped in wizard world. He is famous. whole wizard world knows him and his story except himself! List is endless. He is set to mark a new journey in his life as he marches to 'HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY'. Rest is a tremendous adventure ride as he makes new friends for life - Ron & Hermione and discovers he already has some enemies and adds new to the list.

My Favourite Part:
When Hagrid gave the album as a gift to Harry. It was really touching as well as well.
The chess game come alive was also awesome.

thought of. The expression on Harry on receiving the gift was also perfect.

What I liked about the book:
1. Endless imagination
2. Magic all over - all kids love it
3. Mesmerising scenic explanation of locations

What I did not like about the book:
Nothing. As always, books are always better than movies. I had already seen the movie when i read it, but still i liked the written version more. I was transferred to a completely different world and thought that the written words gave me much more space to imagine the story in front of my eyes. The movie was also excellent but it restricts the imagination of viewers.

There were some lines which had to be re-read again. Click here to read my favourite lines from 'Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone'.

Have you seen the movie? What do like better - movie/book? How did you like the book? Would you go ahead and read it after my thoughts on it? Write your heart/mind in comments section. I would be glad to read out your end of thinking on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment