Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

Book Title:- The Wedding
Author:- Nicholas Sparks


Thirty years into the marriage can make any couple to be taken for granted for each other. Forgetting one’s marriage anniversary is no doubt the worst and most dreadful thing any husband can ever do his wife. This fact is well known and stated by all men – ‘ahh, Women..!”. But, the sinking feeling inside one's self when Wilson fears that his beloved wife Jane no longer loves him is the turning point in his life. Jane being the closest witness to undying love of her own parents Noah and Allie, Wilson himself being an inexpressive person by nature – He knows he has a hard time ahead to win her wife heart back. Noah gives him a perfect kick by confessing how he felt when Allie would not recognize him –

Every time I read to her, it was like I was courting her, because sometimes, just sometimes, she would fall in love with me again, just like she had a long time ago. And that's the most wonderful feeling in the world. How many people are ever given that chance? To have someone you love fall in love with you over and over?”

I truly loved the book and enjoyed it thoroughly. I do not know how, but I somehow predicted almost all the coming events. That did spoiled my experience a bit, but despite of that, I could not help but smile throughout the romantic trip. I could not help but notice the special love and bonding shared by parent and children described so effortlessly throughout the book. Obviously I would also do anything as eternal as Wilson’s Daughter did for him. I could very easily picture my brother in place of his son and the anger over his dad to hurt his mom.

I have some favourite lines from the book which I would like to note in my diary –

                Here is the link to my Favorited lines from “The Wedding”.

Do you remember the most romantic moment from your wedding days? How did you like the book? Would you go ahead and read it after my thoughts on it? Write your heart/mind in comments section. I would be glad to read out your end of thinking on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment